Ooey, Goey Baked Mac & Cheese
As the holidays approach, I figured I'd give my sōlmates a recipe that everyone can use! Now, everybody has their secrets and tricks of the trade but I just HAD to share this recipe with you all. There's nothing quite like WOWing your guests with some bomb Mac & Cheese.
I've been experimenting with my baked Mac & Cheese recipe for the past 3 years. And for those who have tried making their own, you know how much of a grueling process it can be. Personally, I like my Mac & Cheese crunchy on top with a creamier consistency on the inside. The crunchy top, isn't hard to attain at all. But that ooey, gooey cheese? Chile, there are so many things to account for; from the consistency of the cheeses you use to how much milk and/or cream you use. Nonetheless, I've nailed it and you just HAVE to try your hand at my Ooey Gooey Baked Mac & Cheese recipe below! I promise, you will not be disappointed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease deep dish baking pan.
- Cook noodles al dente. Drain and add to baking pan.
- Add 1 stick of butter and mix noodles thoroughly until butter melts.
- Season noodles with salt and pepper sparingly. Mix thoroughly and taste your noodles. (THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP! You want to make sure you can taste the salt but not to the point where your cholesterol skyrockets.)
- Mix heavy cream and sour cream into the noodles.
- Add eggs to noodles and mix quickly (to avoid cooking the eggs).
- Add cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs overtop of noodles and cheese.
- Place in oven, uncovered and bake for 10 - 15 minutes (or until top is golden brown).
- 1 box of macaroni noodles
- 1 cup of each of the following cheeses: Mild Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar, White Cheddar, Colby Jack Cheese
- 4 ounces Gouda cheese
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups of heavy cream
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- If you're not a fan of a creamier Mac & Cheese and prefer a tradiational bake, swap 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese for 1/2 cup of heavy cream . And skip the sour cream.
- 16 Ounces Your Fave Macaroni Noodles
- 2 Cups Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 Cups White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 Cups Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 4 Ounces Smoked Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 8 Ounces Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 Cups Heavy Cream
- 8 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine, For Greasing the Baking Pan
- 0.25 Cups Breadcrumbs