Hey Sōlmates! One of my goals this year was to maintain a healthier lifestyle. While that has include many changes, one of which has been my diet. This year, I've tried to make gluten free meals at least twice a week. This has definitely been a challenge but in the process I've found some Great recipes. Take a look at my Gluten Free Pesto Shrimp & Gnocchi recipe below! :)
- 16 oz of gnocchi
- 12-16 oz of shrimp (peeled, deveined and detailed)
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz of Asparagus, cut into 2 in long pieces
- Butter or margarine
1. Add water & a pinch of salt to a pot and turn on high heat to boil water.
2. In a frying pan, add 1 tbsp butter, 1/8 cup of water and asparagus.
3. When water cooks out, add minced garlic and 1/2 tbsp of butter.
4. Sauté 1 minute.
5. Add shrimp, lemon juice, pesto and a pinch of salt & pepper.
6. Add gnocchi to boiling water and cook according to package.
7. When shrimp is pink, turn heat to low and add whipping cream. Let sauce sauce thicken.
8. Serve shrimp and pesto sauce over gnocchi.
- Like your food saucey? Simply double the whipping cream & lemon juice, and add a 1-2 more tablespoons of pesto. Get lost in the sauce!
- Gnocchi is a type of dumpling but instead of dough, primarily these dumplings are made out of potatoes
- Gnocchi originated in Italy and but potato gnocchi was introduced after Spanish settlers introduced Italians to potatoes